"Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish." - John Jakes

Monday, September 24, 2012

One

One

One pebble

One stone

One shiny piece of glass


That's what signifies my new beginning

My starting over

My fresh chapter


One simple thing that will change my life

Today Charlie and I started our new goal of walking Lucy in the morning at least 5 times a week. So we got up at 5:45 and took the first steps for all of us. Charlie's first step is slowly getting him back into exercising since his surgery, Lucy's first step is getting her the exercise she deserves, and my first step is getting over this rut I've been in and starting fresh.

51 degrees outside and we walked 2 laps around our street circle (took us 16:49 to cover .85 mile, not bad with these big damn hills). We're planning on doing this even as the temperature drops into fall and winter, pushing each other to get out and just do it.

The stones are my new way to track my workouts, each workout gets a stone and when I fill the jar past the curve then I get to reward myself. Then I'll empty the jar and start over, working toward my next reward.


In the words of Three Dog Night, one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do.

But it won't be one for long

No comments:

Post a Comment