"Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish." - John Jakes

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Dear Dress

Dear dress,

God you were beautiful, you took my breath away. Right cut, right color, everything about you was perfect. Except the size of course, at this weight you would have never looked good on me. But oh did I dream of being skinny and wearing you around. You became my fantasy, my light at the end of the tunnel. But I walked away, I listened to the voices around me telling me you wouldn't fit and I walked away.

Now a month later I run back to see if you're still there; screw the voices this is my light, my hope, my dream, my everything. I always dream about you in my sleep and I wish you were on my wall giving me the inspiration physically as well as mentally. But alas you are gone, and I am heartbroken. I hope you are happy in your new home and that your owner appreciates your power & your beauty.

So I will continue on with my journey my dearest dress, and I will work on being able to fit into other very nice dresses, but they will never hold a candle to you. The day may come where another dress may take my breath away, but I won't let it down like I did you. And I promise you that if one day fate takes another chance and we find each other again I will wrap you in my arms & call you mine. Together we will finish this journey and we will stand in the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment