"Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish." - John Jakes

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Best Birthday In Years

Saturday was my 25th birthday. I don't really celebrate birthdays, they're just another day to me. However this year was a busy day, and turned out to be one of my best birthdays in years.

It started out with a morning 5K race in Arlington. Halfway through the race it started to snow so I was not happy about that, but thankfully it only lasted maybe 5 minutes. Our goal for the race was to keep a 18 min/mile pace and we beat that so I was very very happy. Plus everyone loved my Yoda backpack, he was the hit of the race.

Afterwards we came home for a quick nap and then headed out. First we stopped by the MCX food court and grabbed some pizza cause we were starved, and then we went bowling. Charlie had his new ball drilled and we did a few rounds till my legs started to get sore from the race and we called it quits. Charlie bought me flowers and they look like spring so it was so nice in this cold.

Then we came home and Charlie made reservations at The Melting Pot for dinner. He asked if I wanted us to dress up nice or anything and I said no I was fine with jeans & a tshirt. But then after his shower he dressed up real nice and I was annoyed. You see since I got bigger I haven't really bought any new clothes, especially nice clothes/winter nice clothes, so I don't have a lot to wear. But by him dressing up I would have to dress up in size too small clothes and I was not happy. Then while I was showering he said he had picked an outfit out for me that he knew would fit, a skirt and a nice tanktop. Now I was really annoyed cause ya they fit but it was freaking windy/snowy outside and he wanted me to wear a skirt.

As I got out of the shower to dry off he grabbed my brush and turned on the hair dryer and started to dry my hair. It was then my mind flipped the switch and I realized that I was being a jerk to be upset with him, here he was trying to do something nice for me for my birthday and his intentions were pure sweet. So the change of thinking changed my mood completely and it was one of the sweetest gestures. Then I wanted to look nice for him, doing my makeup and putting on some nice jewelry.

We had a great time at dinner, they had a Valentine's Day theme dinner complete with a rose so it was pretty cool. The running between buildings and the car made us freeze but we laughed and laughed and laughed. Overall I had a wonderfully amazing birthday and I really do have the best husband in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment