"Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish." - John Jakes

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Ready, Set, Go!!

Nothing gets you more pumped to prepare for a race than actually registering. It's that point that makes you go "Woohoo let's get started" followed by "OMG I can't believe I really signed up, I think I'm going to be sick" and finally back to "alright don't let the butterflies get you, you can do this. Woohoo let's get started" At least that's how I react after every race I've ever signed up for.

Well the cycle has started again cause I'm officially signed up for the Irish Sprint 10K in March and the Gender Defender 5K in August. I think what really gave me butterflies was 1) I've never ran more than a 5K in my entire life so stepping up to the next level makes me nervous even though I know I can do it. And 2) by finishing the Irish Sprint you get a "golden ticket" that guarantees you a spot in the Marine Corps Marathon in October. As I said before at this point 3.1 miles is the most I've ever ran and here I am seriously considering signing up for a full blown 26.2 mile marathon, makes me excited and sick to my stomach all at the same time. Once I get the "golden ticket" I have until March 31st to actually register for the marathon and you can bet there will be a post here when/if I do. I know most of my anxiety about it is just in my head and I can overcome it, so we'll see what happens when that point comes.

But enough of that later, I have a 10K to train for!! Woohoo!!! I'm very lucky in the fact that I have a husband who loves to run and will help me train for any and all goals I ever want to take on. With him alone I know I can succeed in anything I put my mind toward. However, I also have a secret weapon in my training arsenal: Jedi Master Yoda!
(his feet clip to the front but I let them dangle for the picture)
I saw this backpack online last year and saved up the money so I could buy him when we went to Disney a few weeks ago. I love him cause it makes me feel like Luke Skywalker in The Empire Strikes Back, but without all those backflips lmao. So he's going to be my training buddy as I run and I'm sure I'll get many looks/stares but when have I ever been one to care about stares lol. Heck more than likely it'll just end up like when I wore him around Disney and everyone wanted to know where they could get one lol.

So there we have it, I'm super excited for this year, I told you 2012 was going to kick ass! BTW I have a few more race ideas already in mind for this year but I'll talk more about them later

Ready, Set, Go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment