"Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish." - John Jakes

Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'm Ready!

I've been meaning to write a blog since the new year started but with being on vacation I just never got around to it. But the vacation is now over and it's time to get back into the real world. Charlie's at work and I've been working on unpacking, laundry, cleaning house, etc and figured it was a good time to stop and write.

I had a wonderful time in Florida. First off it was warm and I was in heaven, even the cold days were nothing compared to Virginia. I told Charlie I wasn't going back with him that I'd see him in the spring lol, I hate the cold. Heck it even snowed where we lived while we were gone, which was fine by me, get it all out of the way so I don't have to endure it lol. Spring is still a long way off but I'm keeping my fingers crossed winter sticks with this mild pattern we've been having for the most part (till I just checked the weather and we could have flurries tonight, ugh!!).

The main reason we went home was for the races in Disney (a 5K on Friday, a half on Saturday, and a Marathon on Sunday).
I only did the 5K but Charlie did all three. We had a wonderful time and yes he survived them all lol. The 5K race ran through Epcot, it was really fun.
Along the route they had Disney characters you could stop and take pictures with but the lines were long so I just took pictures of other people's families as we ran by; like a photobomb but in reverse lol.
We did get to talk to Santa for a bit as he passed us, now we know what he does during the offseason lol.

Unfortunately because most of our time was spent in Orlando we didn't have much time for seeing family & friends. But they understood (or at least acted like they did) and we did the best we could to see everyone. That's just one of the problems with having only a small amount of time and lots of people to see who all work. Still it was wonderful seeing those we did and maybe next time we'll get to see those we missed (and no we have no idea when the next trip home will be besides January 2013).

2012 is starting out to be a great year: I got to see my family, my sister, friends from home, friend from Hawaii, run a race and go to Disney World; not bad for only being a few weeks into the year. I think this year is going to be a kick ass one, and I have every intention of making sure that becomes true. As with the start of every new year it's time to list my resolutions!
My goals include:
*~* Going back to school so I can finish my degree
*~* Learn to cook better
*~* Work on my self esteem/loving me
*~* Run more races!!
*~* Be inspiring
*~* Take up some kind of karate/martial arts class
*~* Blog more!
That's about it, I'm sure I can come up with a few more goals as the year progresses but it's a good starting place. This year I decided to not make a weight loss goal, instead I'm going to focus more on running. Weight loss is a side effect of getting in shape, and even if it doesn't happen as long as I'm in shape to run more than I'll be extremely happy. I saw this t-shirt in Disney and thought it was perfect for me (I didn't buy it cause I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a shirt, so I took a picture instead lol)

I have a few races in mind that I'm going to sign up for this year, from a few 5Ks to a huge challenge: the Marine Corps Marathon in October. So I have 10 months to work on being able to run 26.2 miles in at least a 14 min/mile pace, looks like I have my work cut out for me. Also I want to sign up for the Goofy race & a half challenge at Disney in 2013 like Charlie did this year. Should keep me motivated =) I'll be happier when the weather warms up so I can run outside instead of on a treadmill (I mean yes I can do it outside now too but I'd rather be inside where it's warmer lol).

That's about everything that's been going on with me. I'm going to try to blog more cause it holds me more accountable, plus I really do enjoy writing and haven't done much of it recently.

January 2012 5K, can't wait to see 2013's 5K picture, I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment