"Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish." - John Jakes

Monday, July 4, 2011

Holy Crap It's July!

It's July, no seriously I know it's seems impossible but it's true.

I can't believe 2011 is already half over, where the heck is the time going???

Not too much new going on with me, on week 3 of my new workout and it's going really good. First 2 weeks were just weight lifting but this week is where I start adding some running back in so I'm excited for that. Tomorrow is my first day of running in....... well my last race was September last year and I ran a little bit in between but not really much.... so in a long ass time lol; I'm probably going to die =P

Charlie works all the time but every now and then he'll get Sunday off which is nice, but I'm really not complaining cause at least he's not deployed and won't be deployed again for awhile.

I've applied to about 10 different places so far and no dice, but the job market sucks today so I'm not surprised(nor am I giving up hope). I applied for a job the other day I'd really like to get so I'm crossing my fingers(and having everyone else cross their fingers too).

Everyone I know seems to be having a baby right now, something must be in the air lol. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for everyone because it's something they want and are excited about, but I hate it when so many people are pregnant because it becomes a main topic and then everyone gets back into asking when's it going to be our turn. No one seems to grasp the idea that we don't want any kids, ever. I tell people that and the response is normally something along the lines of 'oh you'll change your mind later' or 'give it a few years you're still young.' So I roll my eyes and say ya sure, cause there is no point in arguing, it's like beating a dead horse.

The fact is something huge would have to happen to change our minds(like invasion of the body snatchers lol) and I doubt anything in the next few years is going to. I just wish people would accept that we don't want to be parents and move on. I feel the worst for my mom cause she has so much hope in grand-babies and even though I tell her not to bank on it I know she does, and I know she's going to be crushed the day Charlie gets fixed. The way I think of it is accept/believe the worst(no grand-babies) and then if it happens be excited, not have all the hopes on it happening and then have them dashed.

Not sure when I'm going to get the chance to head home again, if I get a job it'll probably be awhile. I seriously doubt we'll be home for Christmas but never say never. I do know we'll be in Orlando in January(we have a race) but I'm not sure how much time we're going to plan on taking so we may not be home for more than a day or so.

Well that's about it, like I said not too much new with me.

Happy Birthday America!!

No comments:

Post a Comment