"Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish." - John Jakes

Thursday, June 23, 2011

I confess: I'm still addicted...

... to the scale.

I used to be really bad, back in Hawaii I'd weigh myself 3 or 4 times a day. And of course I was only doing it to torture myself.

So when we moved here and I unpacked the scale I put it straight into the attic, out of sight out of mind. And while I had some urges every now & then in the beginning I soon got over it and it didn't even cross my mind.

Till last week when I had to get it out so I could have a starting weight with my new workout routine. I was pleasantly surprised to see that since I last weighed myself at my parent's house in March I had lost 15 pounds. After I copied down my weight I knew I should put the scale back in the attic but figured I could handle it being out...

Boy was I wrong. I've been so tempted to step on the scale these past few days, walking around it thinking 'oh it couldn't hurt if I did it just this once' and then backing away when I knew that wasn't true.

So today I did what needed to be done and put the scale back in the attic. I won't get it back out but for my monthly weigh ins, and then it'll go right back upstairs.

I thought I was all better but I was wrong, I'm still addicted to the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment