"Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish." - John Jakes

Monday, May 23, 2011

Bye Bye Crabby Crabs!

I got a new fitness book the other day (one that I've been wanting to buy for a year or so now but decided to put off buying to make sure I really wanted it, I did).

In the section I'm reading it talks about surrounding yourself with people who will support you in your quest/transformation and lose the "crabs" who keep trying to pull you back down (when crabs are in a bucket they will reach up and pull back any of the other crabs that try to get out of the bucket, instead of following them to freedom).
LOOK AT ALL THOSE CRABS!
When it comes to my getting back in shape/losing weight I don't really have any "crabs" (however when it comes to my hike I have tons of crabs, it's interesting what some people will and will not support).
YOU'RE CRABBY CAUSE YOU ARE THE ONE SCARED/AFRAID OF THE UNKNOWN, NOT ME
But something hit me that I've never realized, in the past I was the crab to my husband. I'd be the one to tell him: it's okay to skip one workout. I honestly never noticed that I was trying to pull him back.

So to my husband: I'm sorry. I promise to try my best to never pull you back into the bucket again, and I'm grateful that you not only climb out but you always extend a "claw" back down to me to help me get out too.
NO MORE CRABS ALLOWED!

No comments:

Post a Comment