"Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish." - John Jakes

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Kicked Is My Ass

Today I started to follow Charlie's new workout plan for me which involves working out twice a day on the days that I run. My workout "week" consists of 8 days and they work like this: day 1 cardio, day 2 strength, day 3 cardio, day 4 rest, day 5 strength, day 6 cardio, day 7 strength, day 8 rest; and then repeat. I've been following that plan for about a month now, actually a bit over a month, ever since Charlie came home from Afghanistan.

Anyway, on my cardio days I run. I'm redoing the couch to 5k program(c25k) because I stopped running a few months ago and I figured it wouldn't hurt to just start all the way over from the beginning. I also work on my pullups on my run days, trying to do 3 sets of 10 on a new resistance level(I can't do a real pullup yet but the gravitron machine helps me by holding most of my weight so I can do pullups).

Today Charlie and I did a workout that involved 3 rounds for time of deadlifts and doubleunder(DU) jump-roping, but I can't do DUs yet so mine were DU attempts(which basically means a lot of singleunders lol). Then later in the evening I did my week 4 day 1 c25k and it kicked my butt, but I did it. Followed by 3 sets of 10 at 120, which I was able to do them all.

As I get ready to head to bed I can firmly say that my ass has been kicked today lol. But it's a good kind of kicking, gets me one step closer to my goal: thin & in shape. Tomorrow is a strength day and I also may take Lucy for a long walk, but we'll see how I feel lol. Now I'm off to my comfy bed.

Oh and since I know my mom will be reading this: Hi Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment