"Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish." - John Jakes

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Introduction

I guess all new blogs should start out with some kind of introduction so here's mine:

My name is Samantha but I mostly go by Sam or Sammie, in fact I can't even tell you the last time someone called me by my full first name....... crazy!

I'm 23(24 in just a few weeks!) and married to the love of my life. We've been together almost 8 years now, married for almost 4 years. He's in the Marine Corps and we're currently stationed in Hawaii(but not for much longer since we move to a new duty station in a month). We've been through 3 deployments (2 Iraq, 1 Afghanistan) but we're finally going to get a much needed break when he reports to his new assignment which is non-deployable(woohoo!!).

We have two "children," or I should say fur-babies. Courage is our lazy kitty who thinks he rules the house(which I guess he kinda does lol), and my baby girl Lucy who is the sweetest puppy there is. We don't have any plans to add any human babies into the mix, we're perfectly fine being just us two.

I have one older sister who is in the Navy, she's currently deployed to Afghanistan and I pray everyday for her safe return. I have the best parents in the world hands down, and I'm so blessed that we have such an amazing relationship. My dad was in the Navy during Vietnam, my two grandfathers served in World War Two(Navy & Army), and my great-grandfather was a pilot during World War One. As you can see I come from a proud military family and support our troops 110%.

I have my Associates of Arts degree in education but I'm not sure I'm going to continue that path with my Bachelors. I'm not really sure what I want to do with my life to be honest, I'll figure it out one day when I grow up lol.

I used to be thin but not in shape, and now I'm fat but feel like I'm in some of the best shape of my life. I'm doing stuff now that I never dreamed I'd be able to do, like run and do crossfit. I'm working on trying to lose this weight again and hope that maybe one day I can be something I've never been: thin and in shape.

My goal for this blog is to get back to doing what I used to love to do, writing. I had a blog on two different sites for years but then stopped about six months ago because I felt overwhelmed. But now I feel ready to start again and I wanted to start fresh & new, hence the new blog. I don't know if I'll write everyday, once a week, or even once a month, I just like to write when I get that wild hair.

Well that's about all I can think of for now, I am who I am: one of a kind. Any questions feel free to ask =)

No comments:

Post a Comment