"Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish." - John Jakes

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hike To The Lighthouse

Saturday a few friends and I decided to hike out to Makapu'u lighthouse, I was really excited to go because even though I've lived here for over 3 years now I still haven't done a lot of the touristy stuff(and I don't have much time left to do it before we move).

The hike was a really good hike, it's a paved trail leading to the lighthouse(but you can't actually get into the lighthouse, it's blocked off). Took us about 1 hour 40 mins to walk from the car and back, covered about 3.38 miles. One of the best parts of the trip was we got to see whales!! It's that time of the year where they migrate and pass the islands, and we got to see quite a few pods. Unfortunately I could never get my camera ready in time to get the best shots, but I have a few I'll share below.

After I got home Charlie wanted to go to the gym to work on some strength training, we did some bench pressing and then a workout that involved 6 rounds of running 100 meters, 12 kettlebell sumo deadlift highpulls, and then 18 medicine ball trunk twists for time. So by the end of the night I was beat and ready for bed as I'm sure you can imagine lol. Today is thankfully my rest day and I am going to enjoy every second of it =)

Here's some pictures from our hike:
This is a picture from the parking area, the lighthouse is on the other side
You can see a whale water spout to the right
This is the end of what was a whale jumping out of the water, it was really cool
A few pictures of the lighthouse(plus Sarah & I trying to take a picture of us with the lighthouse)
The view
The Girls(left to right): Talitha, Sarah, Jenna, me

No comments:

Post a Comment