"Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish." - John Jakes

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Countdown Begins

It's crazy that in less than a month we'll be leaving Hawaii. I remembered when I first moved out here I hated it, and now it's so sad to leave. But I'm ready for a new adventure and Virginia is going to be one heck of an adventure.

I'm not really looking forward to the cold/snow(guess I've been spoiled with the year-round warm weather we get here). But then again I'm a tropics girl: born & raised in Florida and then moved to Hawaii, so I really don't know anything else. I'm nervous about learning to drive in the snow/ice and just the winter process in general.

But I must say I'm really excited about seeing the seasons change, actually getting to see the fall leaves and a fresh winter snow. I've only ever seen snow once and that was just a few years ago when we went on a trip to Seattle to see my sister, I know that now we'll be living in it for awhile lol.

I'm really interested to see how our babies handle the cold weather, we bought them both here in Hawaii so they've never experienced anything cold. I can only imagine how Lucy is going to react the first time she walks in the snow, I'm going to try to have my camera ready to tape it lol. And I wouldn't be surprised if Courage just spends the winter curled in a blanket somewhere.

Hopefully it won't take too long to get a house and we can get everything settled in, really don't want to have to live in a motel for awhile. We're trying to get base housing again because 1) it's just easier, and 2) from the people we talked to who used to live there they said living in town wasn't the safest of places. But if the housing wait list is too long we may have to find something else, so I'm crossing my fingers it won't be. It sucks that we can't get on the housing list till we detach out of here, I mean don't get me wrong I totally understand why that is, but it still would be nice to get on the list sooner. Oh well

No comments:

Post a Comment